My name is Seregon O'Dassey, and I am the writer/director of Absynthia. I never set out to be a director. I was an actor most of my life and in the process of working in the Film/TV industry I have learned more than I ever could have thought possible about what goes on both in front and behind the camera. I started paying attention to the directing process. Now I’m setting out to tell those stories and create my own work.
I have met amazingly talented and wonderful artists over the years. I’m lucky to have some of them as cast and crew of Absynthia.
We aim to make an eye catching science fiction television show with Steampunk elements, intriguing story lines, tragic events, flawed and dynamic characters, and strong female characters that make the audience question the idea of good, evil, and perspective.
Absynthia is the marriage of science fiction's exploration of various points of view, with a soap opera.
Funding Absynthia will give you an opportunity to see science fiction that has unique story-telling, flawed yet interesting characters, and an action packed yet thought provoking drama that will keep you guessing from beginning to end: the kind of science fiction you WANT to see!
Absynthia also brings the steampunk genre to the screen. Steampunk has a large following with little screen time or attention. YOU can help change that, and bring steampunk elements into a dynamic and compelling drama! You will also be giving us the freedom of independence, and ability to think outside the box from the creation process to the last detail of editing.
Help us make Absynthia a reality: a TV show you would want to watch!
We can’t do it without your support, please join us.
The Story of Absynthia
The series is about a crew of mercenaries aboard the airship, The Absynthian. It is set on a mythical planet in the future. The overall mission of the Absynthian crew, under the orders of the secret Organization known as Tri-Aengle, is to destroy the totalitarian government and start a revolution that destroys the current society and its caste system. 1st mate Commander Vaja de Cardia, an assassin for the Organization, receives orders to kill prominent socialite Reeve St. Clair. So when he asks her to marry him she agrees for the sake of ease. Former Tri-Angle hit man and Vaja's ex-lover, the ruthless Narius de Vaulte, has his own motives, including taking over Tri-Aengle, exposing Reeve's family, creating an army of Cybertrons, and getting Vaja back. He just so happens to play by his own rules.
In the pilot, Vaja and Captain Synthia Ryan discuss the difficulties of hiding in plain sight and Vaja informs her captain the hit on her husband, Reeve will finally happen upon the ship's return after this current cargo run. However, the ship is attacked and all crew suffer bouts of amnesia, putting their mission and the anticipated revolution in jeopardy. Synthia meets with Narius at a hidden location, and their own agenda begins to take place, while ship's engineer Tea' Embrosia is on the run from her abusive past. The seemingly innocent cargo run puts the entire crew in harm's way, and the shipment Narius gives Synthia could be the answer to everyone's questions.
As memories return, relationships form and decay, friendships are tested, and lives are at stake. Everyone will find out that Trust is Finite, and Loyalty is Six Degrees.
What We Need & What You Get
Despite the many resources we have been able to muster between our team, there are still costs that cannot be avoided in making a project come to life. We need at least $50,000 to make this happen. Your kind and generous contributions will go towards:
- Location fees, sets, & permits
- Make-up and Special effects makeup
- Post Production (sound mix, score, editing, etc.)
- Storage Drives
- Craft service (film lingo for “food”)
- Pay for actors and crew. Yes, you read that correctly. After all is said and done, it would be nice for the cast and crew to make some money for their hard work. This is a project of talented and dedicated cast and crew, and they are deserving of being credited and paid for their time and talents. We all love what we do, yet we’d all like to pay our rent so we have a place to live and are able to keep bringing you art. Your contribution can help make that happen!The cast and crew are eager to begin and see the film come to life. This is such an epic undertaking that without your help we simply cannot do this. We would be so grateful for any assistance no matter how large or small - it all will be onscreen. If you are strapped for cash, but you like our project you can be an enormous help by sharing it on social media!
- Where do the funds go if we don't reach our entire goal? The same place they would go if we did (see above). We will simply put the funds in escrow and try again with another campaign or try to seek private investing, and your money will be in a professional business banking account until all funds are acquired.
- We have amazing and unique perks to get you excited!
Your contribution will make all the difference between a good project and a great one!
- This project is valuable not only to those of us involved, but to the world. We need more projects with racial and gender diversity. We need projects with strong female leads who do the fighting and protecting rather than simply sitting down and being pretty. We need projects with racial inclusion instead of stereotypes.
- Writer/director Seregon O'Dassey may be relatively new at both writing and directing, however Seregon already has several screenwriting awards and nominations and has also recently added two directing awards to the mantle.
- This is your chance to bring diversity, talent, and power to life. If you're tired of too many special FX taking away from the story...if you're tired of seeing the same faces in movies...if you're tired of only the 1% of actors being used in 99% of the film/TV projects...then help us make this real for you. These characters are lovers, haters, fighters, parents, friends, workers, challengers to the status quo...these characters are YOU! Help us bring you to life.
Risks & Challenges
As with any project there are also some risks. While this is the first major undertaking for Busy Bee Productions, we did get our feet wet with smaller projects. We want this to be a great major project, and we want to be able to continue to make great project, but we can't do that without your help. We will face some risks and obstacles on the way to achieving our goal, but we promise this will not stop us, so long as we have your help.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can't contribute financially, and we understand times are tough. But that doesn't mean you can't help. You can help us in other ways such as:
- Ask your friends and family, those on your social media, to get the word out and make some noise about our campaign.
- Share our links and pages on your pages!
- Remember (and remind others) to use the Indiegogo share tools!